How to access the Himig Collection
1. We will regularly inform the public of the materials available in our collection through our website: www.filipinaslibrary.org.ph
2. Use of fragile or unusually valuable materials may be limited. However, whenever possible, we do our best to provide suitable reproductions to researchers in lieu of the originals.
3. Researchers who have been careless or have damaged materials in our collection will be denied access to our collections.
4. Similarly, those who do not heed our policies and regulations will not be allowed to use our collections.
5. We may require users requesting to use our collections to show us their identification cards and/or credentials prior to reproducing sensitive and/or delicate materials. Furthermore, we will ask these users to sign an agreement with us stating their adherence to our prescribed policies and regulations.
6. Reproductions made from our collections should adhere to copyright laws. It will be the researcher’s obligation to satisfy copyright regulations when copying or using materials from our collections. The Filipinas Heritage Library or Ayala Foundation, Inc. shall not be liable for any use contrary to law of reproductions from the Library.
7. Reasonable fees may be charged for copying and research services.
Guidelines for use of the Himig Collection
1. To strengthen the appreciation of the history, culture, theory, composition or performance of music, one must have aural access to the complete work. As such, the Filipinas Heritage Library will attempt to organize, catalogue and process the Himig collection to facilitate its study and access by the public.
2. Access to the Himig collection will be limited to listening to the digitized copies of the originals by those individuals authenticated by the Filipinas Heritage Library as genuine students and researchers of Filipino music. Thus, letters addressed to the Library Director through the Filipiniana Manager must be sent stating the purpose and character of the use, including whether it is intended for commercial or non-profit educational use, at least 3 days prior to visiting the library.
3. Access to digitized copies of the Himig collection will be limited to library-controlled equipment and copies will be made only by library staff members. Each copy request from one album will be limited to 3 to 4 tracks and cannot exceed 20 minutes in total time. Requests for entire albums or album sides will not be entertained.
4. All requests for digital copies will be monitored by library staff members. Thus, a request from the same album by the same researcher but made on another day will not be allowed.
5. If the needed material has already been processed, the digital copy may be released within the day. If it still needs to be processed, the digital copy may be released after two working days. A fee of PhP 30.00 per track plus PhP 20.00 for the CD (Local orders) or $2.00 per track plus $10.00 for bank charges (Foreign orders) will be charged for copying services.
6. All digital copies released by the Filipinas Heritage Library will carry the following information:
- This recording has been made by the Filipinas Heritage Library for educational purposes only. Use of this copy for commercial purpose is not permitted. The Filipinas Heritage Library logo is included.
- Title of the work, name of the composer, artist, lyricist and arranger of the musical work must also be prominently displayed.
- If the work is part of an album with its album cover still intact, mention must be made of the artist responsible for the album cover.
7. Because it also forms part of the Filipino heritage, album covers will be scanned and kept in the library archives. Access to the digital copies of these album covers can also be available to those interested.
8. A copy of the TV/movie footage, record or disc where a musical composition from the Himig collection was used or based on must be given to the Filipinas Heritage Library after its release to the public. Furthermore, the Himig collection of the Filipinas Heritage Library must be credited as the source of the original material.
A division of Ayala Foundation, Inc. 6F Ayala Museum Makati Ave. cor. De la Rosa St. Makati City
(632) 7598288 loc 36 email@example.com
Library Hours Tuesdays to Saturdays: 9 AM-6 PM